Your Privacy Rights
Version 1.0 – May 1, 2017
This statement describes our privacy practices for the websites where it is posted. This includes mobile websites, text programs and applications. It also applies to information we may otherwise collect in other places offline.
We May Collect Information From You In Many Ways
We collect information directly from you, for example, if you register for our newsletter or apply for a job. We might collect information if you post a comment on one of our websites or request information. We also collect information from you when you buy something.
We collect information from you passively. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons. Our vendors may also use several common tracking tools, such as browser cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. We use these tools to track our consumers and website visitors. We also use them for other business purposes, including:
- To track new visitors to our sites.
- To recognize past customers.
- To serve you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested. As part of this customization, we may observe your behaviors on this website or on other websites. We may also get information about your browsing history from our trusted business partners.
- So we can better understand our audience, our customers, our website visitors, and their respective interests.
You can control tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. Some of our vendors may have their own tools to control the tracking activities they engage in on our behalf.
NOTE: If you set your computer to block cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on our sites.
Our ads on other websites may be served based on tracking. We may also work with online advertising companies to provide you with advertising that is as relevant and useful as possible. We may provide this advertising on our website and other third-party sites that you visit. These ads may be based on the information you submit on our websites or third-party sites. They may also be based on your activities or behaviors on our websites or on third-party sites. The information gathered may be used to serve you with advertisements on our websites or on third-party websites. This includes mobile websites or applications.
We get information about you from third parties. For example, social media platforms may give us information about you. We may combine the information we collect from you with the information we get from third parties.
We Collect Various Information About You
We may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number, or cell phone number, for example. We may ask you for information to learn more about you, such as your age or products you like.
We Use Information As Disclosed And Described Here
- To respond to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to register you for promotions.
- To improve our products and services. We might use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To look at site trends and customer interests. We may use your information to make a website or product improvements. We may also combine information we get from you with information we have gotten from third parties.
- For security purposes. We may use the information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites.
- To promote us and our various websites. Unless we tell you otherwise, we might notify you about special promotions or offers. We might tell you about new website features or products. To manage this, follow the instructions below, under “You have choices about our marketing and tracking tools.”
- To communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may contact you to tell you about changes to this Policy or our website Terms. We may also tell you about issues with your orders.
We May Share Information With Third Parties
Your information may be shared when legally permitted, including in the following situations:
- Within our company (including our affiliated companies).
- With third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors or will authorize them to collect information on our behalf. Some vendors may be located outside of the United States.
- With our business partners. To opt-out of having your information shared, see below under “You have choices about our marketing and tracking tools.” To stop receiving information from a business partner, follow their opt-out instructions.
- If we think we have to in order to comply with the law. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests it. We may also share information to protect us, our sites, or our users. We might share information with other companies for fraud and credit risk reduction.
- With any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold we may sell our customer list as part of that transaction.
Our Websites May Link To Third Party Sites Or Services We Don't Control
We Use Standard Security Measures To Protect Your Information
The Internet is not 100% secure. We thus cannot promise that your information will be completely safe. Please use caution when using the Internet or providing personal information to others.
Our Digital Platforms And Programs Are Not Intended For Kids
Our websites are not intended for children under 13. We take steps on these sites to avoid collecting information online from children under 13. In some cases, children may give us information without us knowing about it. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe that your child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, please email us at [email protected] or call us at 1-847-503-0101. If you want to write, use the address listed below and include your email and phone number.
Learn more about how to protect your child online. Read the helpful information provided by the FTC. This information includes this consumer education bulletin.
- You have choices about our marketing and tracking tools.
- You can opt-out of marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, please email us at [email protected] or opt-out using the appropriate link in our newsletter.
- You have other controls you can exercise. You can choose whether or not to share personal information. If you choose not to share, some features and services may be more difficult or impossible to use. If you turn off cookies or tracking tools, parts of our site and services may also not work properly.
Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
GV’S Heating and Cooling HVAC
1822 Johns Drive
Glenview, IL 60025