As the summer heat approaches, a well-functioning AC is crucial for keeping your home cool and comfortable. However, your AC may show signs of wear and tear over time, making it less efficient and more prone to breakdowns. In such cases, it’s essential to consider whether to repair or replace your AC. At GV’S Heating and Cooling, we understand the importance of a reliable AC system, so we offer top-notch AC repair in Glenview, IL. In this blog, we’ll discuss the common causes that lead to an AC replacement and how our services can help keep your AC running efficiently.
Factors That Lead To AC System Replacement
- Age of the AC: The age of an AC is one of the primary factors determining whether it needs to be replaced. The average lifespan of an AC is around 15 years, and if your AC is approaching or exceeding this age, it’s time to start considering a replacement. The older an AC gets, the more it will cost to maintain and repair and become less efficient over time.
- Frequent Repairs: Another factor contributing to an AC’s replacement is the frequency of repairs. If your AC breaks down frequently and requires frequent repairs, replacing it might be more cost-effective than repairing it. Frequent repairs can also indicate that your AC is nearing the end of its life and may need to be replaced soon.
- Inefficient Performance: As ACs age, their performance declines and becomes less efficient in cooling your home. If your AC has trouble maintaining a comfortable temperature, it might be time to replace it. Inefficient performance can also lead to higher energy bills, as your AC will have to work harder to cool your home, increasing your energy consumption and costs.
- Environmental Factors: Humidity, pollution, and air quality can also affect your AC’s lifespan. If you live in an area with air pollution, your AC must work harder and require more frequent repairs and servicing. Poor air quality can also cause dust and debris to accumulate in your AC, affecting its performance and lifespan.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant leaks can be a significant issue for ACs and lead to a complete breakdown if left untreated. Refrigerant is the substance that cools the air in your AC; if there is a leak, your AC will not be able to cool your home efficiently. Several factors, including wear and tear, age, and poor maintenance, can cause refrigerant leaks. If your AC is not cooling, it must be checked for refrigerant leaks.
For more information on AC repair in Glenview, IL, and surrounding areas, contact us today!
When To Contact GV'S Heating And Cooling?
Suppose you notice any issues with your AC, such as decreased cooling performance, strange noises, or frequent breakdowns. In that case, contacting a reliable company for AC service in Glenview, IL, like GV’S Heating and Cooling, is essential. Our experienced technicians can navigate and repair any issues with your AC and provide regular maintenance to prolong its life and ensure efficient performance.
We offer a range of AC repair and service options, including coil cleaning, refrigerant checks, air filter replacements, and comprehensive system inspections. Our team is dedicated to providing prompt, reliable, and professional service, and we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations in all aspects of our work. Contact Us To Learn About The AC Right For Your Home Today!