AC Maintenance In Glenview, South Barrington, Lincolnshire, IL, And Surrounding Areas
A quality air conditioning unit eliminates unfavorable outside conditions to give you a clean, healthy, and comfortable indoor space. However, just like a motor vehicle, regular maintenance and repairs are essential for an air conditioning unit to function properly and last for a longer period of time. Are you satisfied with your air conditioner unit’s performance? Do you want your AC to work more effectively and efficiently all year round?
Air Conditioner Maintenance Checklist
A properly maintained AC unit can last over a decade without replacing any major components. At GV’S Heating and Cooling, we inspect and adapt all essential components to ensure the smooth functioning and sustainable lifespan of the unit.
- Check refrigerant levels: The refrigerant levels of your cooling unit need to be regularly examined. Too much or too little refrigerant can cause various problems with the moving parts.
- Lubrication of moving parts: An important task included in AC maintenance is the regular lubrication of the various moving parts. It avoids unnecessary frictional damage to the components, ensuring a longer lifespan.
- Thermostat settings: The thermostat should be placed away from any heat sources. We can help relocate it to a better spot. We also calibrate it and make it operate at your optimal temperature.
- Inspecting electrical components: Inspecting the electrical components regularly for overheating and/or damages ensures the overall safety of the unit and avoids hazardous situations.
- Clean external unit (condenser and compressor): The external unit is located outside your house. Firstly, the power needs to be cut before starting the maintenance. The debris will need to be cleared from the condenser fins, and then the AC fins will be cleaned and straightened. Lastly, the condenser fan and the fins are cleaned inside out.
- Clean internal unit (evaporator and blower): The internal unit is installed inside the house. The dust and debris are cleaned from the evaporator coil. The evaporator drain can be clogged with algae and mold, which needs to be regularly cleaned. The blower filter needs to be changed at least twice a year, depending on how polluted the air is where you live.
Benefits Of Regular AC Maintenance
By now, we’re sure that you understand the importance of having a well-operating, healthy AC unit. The following list presents the benefits you stand to collect from it:
- Superior air quality: Prompt AC maintenance will result in the cleaning of the dust and debris accumulating, which could spread throughout your home. You will notice and appreciate the uninterrupted comfort while inside.
- Greater life span of the system: Preventative air conditioner maintenance allows your unit to keep top performance throughout its lifecycle. It helps to keep one of the largest investments in your house running efficiently and smoothly.
- Energy efficient: Cleaner and well-lubricated components will in turn, be able to provide cooler temperatures with greater energy savings.
- Fewer system failures and costly repairs: Regular maintenance may seem inconvenient. But compared to the costly service calls and inconvenient system failures, a little prevention saves money in the long run.
Contact us today for your air conditioning system maintenance in Glenview, South Barrington, Lincolnshire, IL, and enjoy the benefits of having a healthy and efficient air unit.
Schedule Your AC Maintenance With GV’S Heating And Cooling
GV’S Heating and Cooling is a recognized National Comfort Institute Inc (NCI) certified professional that has been providing its customers competent HVAC service in Glenview, South Barrington, Lincolnshire, Illinois, and surrounding areas since 1990. Give us a call at (847) 729-9190 to book your AC maintenance service or to learn more about all our HVAC services.