Our Response To Covid-19
We are GV’S Heating and Cooling, a family-owned business operating in Glenview, IL for the past 30 years. The family business was started by Greg & Pam Vickers, and we truly understand the importance of keeping families safe during this crisis.
Our business has always been focused on providing safety and comfort for your family. At this time, we understand there might be anxiety with allowing an HVAC Installer, Service Technician, and Sales Manager into your home, but it is our priority to keep you safe and to ensure you service your heating and cooling systems. To ensure you feel safe, at any time you feel anxious, please let us know and we will adjust and listen to your needs.
While we are adjusting our business model and our service to you – please understand there may be delays with service and how we respond to you. We are doing our best to protect our employees and your families.
To ease your anxiety, here are the protocols we have put in place per the CDC and WHO guidelines.
- Employees: An employee showing symptoms will be asked to remain home until medically clear.
- Appointments: When you make an appointment our employees will ask if anyone in your home has had a fever, been diagnosed with COVID-19, or has been exposed to the virus. Please note, if you answer “yes” to the above questions, it does not disqualify you from service. We need this information to prepare our employees and to properly equip employees.
- Safety Measures: We will be using nitrile gloves and masks will be born, but if you are allergic to these products – please let us know ahead of time.
- Sanitize: Our vehicles will be equipped with disinfectant sprays and sanitizing wipes. The technicians will be wiping down and disinfection all equipment, Ipads, Iphones, door handles, and floors after each call.
- Social Distancing: We ask that you maintain 6 feet from our technicians when they enter your home. Depending on the work to be completed, or the technical issues with your heating and cooling, our employees may ask to video conference to get a better idea of the issue.
- Areas Impacted: We will continue to monitor COVID-19 cases and we may take extra precautions around clients in areas with high risk by the CDC.
Our top priority is your safety and peace of mind. We understand that you might want to reschedule your appointments due to COVID-19. We ask that you call us to reschedule, as soon as possible at (847) 729-9190.
We are tirelessly working to stay updated on the COVID-19 situation and will update our customers and this page to keep you informed. If you have questions, suggestions, or concerns regarding our policies and our COVID-19 response plan in more detail, call us at (847) 729-9190 or email us at [email protected].